Wednesday, October 15, 2008
How We Measure Up
As we go through our day we often measure things around us without even realizing it. I do it all the time when I'm driving. I try to estimate how many car lengths are between me and the car in front of me so that I always have plenty of room to stop if I need to. This week I'm introducing "non-standard" units of measurement. Like the car lengths I mentioned, the students will be using objects to measure other objects. I think this will be fun for them. They get a chance to get out of their seats and on their feet, or their hands and knees. We will be keeping a journal of objects that are used to measure with and compare their findings at the end of the week. You can help them get some extra practice and join in on the fun by going to the websites provided. You've got it down now. Just click on the pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment